Nitric monoxide / NO
Nitric monoxide : Description and utilisation
Nitric monoxide or nitric oxide is a gas under normal temperature and pressure conditions. It is a significant neurotransmitter in mammals. Dissolved, it easily penetrates biological membranes and passes from one cell to another, making it an "ideal paracrine signaller".
Nitric monoxide (NO) must not be confused with other nitric oxides, such as nitrous oxide (N₂O), which is also called "laughing gas" and is a general anaesthetic, or even nitrogen dioxide (NO₂), an extremely irritating and noxious reddish-brown gas, which is formed due to the rapid oxidisation of NO by the oxygen in the air.
Flammability: The product is not flammable.
Nitric monoxide and dinitrogen tetroxide are mainly used to create calibration mixtures in order to control air pollution and combustion gases.
Nitric monoxide : Danger and care
H270 - May cause or intensify fire; oxidiser
H280 - Contains gas under pressure; may explode if heated.
H330 - Fatal if inhaled.
H314 - Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
H318 - Causes serious eye damage.
P220 - Keep/Store away from combustible materials.
P244 - Keep reduction valves free from grease and oil.
P260 - Do not breathe gas/vapours.
P280 - Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
Nitric monoxide : Relative products
Détecteur de gaz portable
Détecteurs de gaz fixes